The BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Wet-to- Dry flat iron as its name hints is a flat iron that can be used for both wet and dry hair for smooth and straight results fast. The iron is extra long and has 1 ½ in. Wide plates for covering easily more hair surface. An excellent iron for home users especially who want to dry and style their hair at the same time.
- 1 ½ inch. Wide plates
- 15 in.-38 cm long
- Weighs 1.2 pounds
- U.S voltage system (110 V)
- Nano-titanium technology with coated ceramic material on the plates
- Conventional dial heat setting
- Heats up to 450 F
- Ultra-thin and sleek design
- Wet to Dry hair technology
- Comes with an extended 4-year warranty
- It works great for both damp and dry hair. Of course, the main feature of this is its wet-dry technology and you can style your hair even if it’s towel dried without having to use a hair dryer and flat iron first. This will also help cut down the time you will need to make it dry first before straightening by at least 10 minutes.
- The tool controls frizz without reducing volume. The iron is designed to control frizz and make your hair ultra glossy and healthy without actually sacrificing a volume of your hair. The best part is, you won’t need an oil or spray to get smooth and shiny results as it works its magic on its own. This is also useful for dry and damaged or colored hair.
- Easy to use. Both its lightweight design and its flexible swivel cord make it very easy to use, even for beginners who are just starting to flat iron their hair. There is no stretching or pulling involved.
- Gets Long-lasting results. Many users claim that this is one of the very few if not the only flat iron that gives them the longest lasting results– some even say that their hair stays straights for up to a week without having to re-style the hair. This is attributed to its nano-titanium technology which effectively penetrates hair and locks in is straight poker texture.
- It is the excellent conveyor of heat. This one is made of a nano-titanium material which is an excellent carrier of heat as it distributes infrared heat evenly and penetrates hair from within for faster and smoother results with just a few passes.
- It has no digital display for temperature settings. Many modern irons have digital display screens, so you get to see precisely the temperature you are aiming for, but this one doesn’t. You can, of course, set the temperature by spinning the dial to the left or right, but you won’t know exactly the temperature you’ll be using.
- Very costly. Although this isn’t a new model (it was launched in 2009), it still sells for as high as $120 in most places which a bit out of the price range an average consumer would afford.
- Many fake imitations sold. Even though this is not the original seller’s fault, there are many sellers online who sell and advertise this as the ‘real thing’ when in fact they are selling a fake replica from China which is often defective. And the worst part is, the pictures and price appear the same as the original, and it would be extra hard to spot a fake one. To make sure this doesn’t happen, look for registered and reputable online distributors and consumer reviews confirming its authenticity. Babyliss has a list of licensed distributors on their website, so refer to this list first.
- Doesn’t have an auto shut off feature. Unlike other modern brands, this doesn’t come with an auto shut off feature which automatically turns the device off after 1 hour of use to prevent accidents. While this feature comes secondary, it’s still important for obvious safety reasons.
- It doesn’t have a dual voltage system. This only catered to a U.S voltage system and you can’t use it when traveling abroad without a converter. If you aren’t sure if it’s compatible even when using it with a converter, it’s better to refrain from using it as you may burn it.
How to use:
Since this is an old but one of the best model without many features, you can use it the same manner you would use a regular straightening iron. The temperature is set through a dial with an indicator underneath, and in increments of 5 degrees, so you can increase the temperature by spinning it on the left and lower it by spinning it on the right counterclockwise. You don’t have to use a heat protectant spray to protect your hair from damage, but it’s best to use some heatproof gloves as it gets very hot fast if you don’t want to burn your fingers while using it.
This is in the expensive price range as it is being sold for an average of $120-140 in offline and online stores. Some online retailers sell this for a fraction of the cost, e.g., only $60, but you have to be extra careful as there is a high risk the item might be a cheap imitation from China. The shipping costs may also raise the price to more than $10 extra.
Babyliss is probably one of the oldest and most famous hairstyling brands around, and they certainly don’t disappoint when it comes to offering quality products. While this is a great quality product, it’s not perfect by any means as it lacks a few things, e.g., a digital LCD screen or auto shut-off feature that would make it totally flawless. Also, since this isn’t a new model, it is very hard to buy an authentic item from popular places like eBay and Amazon, and you better be cautious about the seller you are buying this from. Is it worth the cost? We’d say yes.